Plotting Expression Curves for Experimental Data

As I can plot expression curves for in silico data. I moved on experimental data which is more complex and larger. This data is the result of RPPA experiments on different breast cancer cell lines and it includes protein abundance measurements for about 45 phophoproteins. These phosphoproteins are treated with different inhibitors and stimuli and by comparing their expressions, I will try to infer relations between them.

Read more →


Experimental Data Optimization for Network Inference

As I mentioned in my previous post, experimental data from the challenge has missing data values that create problems during analyses. To solve it, first thing I did was to optimize data, which includes detecting missing conditions and putting NAs for data values and sorting them if necessary.

Read more →


In silico Network Inference Last Improvements and Visualization of Result in Cytoscape

I’m almost done with the analysis of in silico data, although I need to decide if I need further analysis with the inhibiting parent nodes in the network. Last, I couldn’t filter out duplicate edges, which were scored differently. Now, with some improvements in the script, low scores duplicates are filtered and there is a better final list of edges which is ready to be visualized.

Read more →


Some String Functions in R, String Manipulation in R

I have programmed with Perl, Python, and PHP before, and string manipulation was more direct and easier in them than in R. But still there are useful functions for string manipulation in R. I’m not an expert in R but I’ve been dealing with it for a while and I’ve learned some good functions for this purpose.

Read more →